Announcing our new district websites!
Click here to be taken to our new website.
If you're still seeing this site after clicking the link above, please clear your browser cache (click here for directions) and then go to https://www.sbschools.net again.
You should also update any bookmarks you saved to our old website, to our new website.
Thank you for your patience and understanding!
South Burlington School District: Alumni Office
South Burlington High School Phone: 802-652-7548
Alumni Office Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
550 Dorset Street Facebook: South Burlington
South Burlington, VT 05403 High School Alumni
Welcome Alumni, Parents, and Friends.....Find us on Facebook....use the link below....information about class reunions, news and updates are posted regularly!
Important Dates: (More info on all below)
- January - March 2017 - Iverson Raffle sponsored by SB Class 1967 & 2017
- February 1, 2017 - Nominations Due for Rebel Athletic Hall of Fame Class of 2017
- Nomination Form here. For more information see below.
- March 16,17 & 18, 2017 - Talent Night, if you would like to judge contact the Alumni Office
- April 4, 2017 - Career/Job Expo, if you would like to set up a table contact the Alumni Office
- June 23 & 24, 2017 - 45th Reunion Class of 1972
- August 11-12, 2017 - 50th Reunion Class of 1967
- Fall 2017- HOF Induction Ceremony
Rebel Name Change: information will be posted here when it becomes available. Letter from Superintendent David Young here.
2017 REUNION INFORMATION
August 11-12, 2017
Contact Info: email@example.com
Class of 1972 - 45th Reunion
June 23 & 24, 2017
Friday: Meet and Greet at Tuckaway's Lounge , Sheraton Burlington, 7pm - Cash Bar
Saturday: Burlington Elks Lodge, North Avenue, Burlington 6-11pm- Dinner, Dancing, Cash Bar
Facebook Page: South Burlington High School '72 (closed group, request to become a member)
Contacts: Blanche Brown Roberge firstname.lastname@example.org or Terri Bluto Seward at email@example.com
Class of 1977 - 40th Reunion
Plans are in the works for a 40th reunion, details will be posted soon.
Contact Info: Al Levy firstname.lastname@example.org
Class of 1987 - 30th Reunion
Summer 2017, details to be posted soon.
Contact Info: Joe Finnigan email@example.com
SBHS classes of 1967, 1972, 1977, 1982, 1987, 1992, 1997, 2002, 2007, 2012. If you are planning or are interested in planning a class reunion in 2017 please contact the Alumni Office so we can help promote your event!
ALERT to all Alumni:
- We have just become aware of a webpage not affiliated with South Burlington Alumni Office that is posting reunion information, pictures, selling rebel wear and just recently asking for money to be a member. This is NOT an authorized SB website. If you have joined such a website and/or you are receiving emails from a South Burlington Alumni website this is NOT being sent by our office, nor are they authorized to do so.
to raise funds for the Gary D. Iverson '67 Scholarship
The SB Classes of 1967 & 2017 are teaming up together to raise funds, in honor of the Class of 1967 50th Reunion and their 4 year long "mentoring partnership" with the Class of 2017, for the Gary D. Iverson Scholarship. This Scholarship has been awarded annually at graduation to an SB senior since 1981.
- Tickets are $10 each
- Guaranteed 1 in every 50 tickets sold wins a prize
- Raffle Prizes include:
- Scenic Flights sponsored by Vermont Flight Academy*
- Discovery Flights sponsored by Vermont Flight Academy* - Take a turn at flying the plane!
- $250 deposits to a 529 HigherEd Savings Account sponsored by VSAC
- Sunglasses (Oakley, Ray-Ban, Tory Burch) donated by Pearle Vision
- Gondola Rides for 2 sponsored by Stowe Mountain Resort*
- Zip-line Rides for 2 sponsored by Stowe Mountain Resort*
- $100 Gift Cards
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call 802-652-7548 to purchase tickets. Raffle ends March 28, 2017.
- SBHS seniors and members of the Class of 1967 will also be selling tickets.
- *some restrictions of age, height & weight may apply to actual participation in these activities. Parental/Legal guardian permission and/or waivers may need to be signed in order to conform with sponsors' requirements for participation.
SBHS REBEL REACH (sponsored by SB Classes of 1967 & 2017) started the 2016 Walk to End Alzheimer's on 9/18/16, raising over $5,000!
Thanks to all who participated in the 2016 Walk/Run. We raised over $2600 for the Cannon Memorial Scholarship and Award!
South Burlington Rebel Athletic Hall of Fame
Nominations for the Class of 2017 due February 1, 2017
The South Burlington Rebel Athletic Hall of Fame Committee announced that the Rebel Hall of Fame program will go back to a biennial (every other year) calendar.
The next Hall of Fame Class will be inducted in the Fall of 2017.
- Nomination deadline is February 1, 2017.
- Nomination forms can be found here. We are always seeking nominations so please take the time to nominate a friend, classmate, coach or teammate.
- All nominations received for consideration in previous years remain open for consideration for all future HOF classes.
- If you have any questions please contact the SB Alumni office at email@example.com
Click here for a nomination form. Click here to see a list of current HOF members
HOF Class Webpages:
|Class of 2007||Class of 2011||Class of 2013|
|Class of 2009||Class of 2012||Class of 2014|
|Class of 2015|
Hall of Fame- Class of 2015
The South Burlington Rebel Athletic Hall of Fame inducted the Class of 2015 on Friday October 2nd. Congratulations to all! From L to R Front Row: Betty Woods (widow of inductee Jack Woods- Coach 1964-1986); Erica MacDonald Burke ’85; Shawn Carney Lefebvre ’99; Ann Hayes Churchill ’74. L to R Back Row: Robin Woods-Brisson, Ryan John Woods (daughter and grandson of Jack Woods); BJ Barrett ’99, Tom Breen ’72, Mike O’Day ’72; Hiroshi Andrews ’87; Bill Bright ’87; Megan, Molly & Tim Weaver (children of inductee DG Weaver ’71) Missing from the photo: Jackie Filion Decarreau ’98.
SBHS REBEL REACH
50 year “mentorship” Class of '67 ~ Class of '17
January Exam Treat Bags
April - Career Job Expo
Thanks to all who volunteered their time to come back to SBHS and judge at this event!
Avni Nahar '13 & Mrinal Asthana '14 Zoe Shamis '15 & Caitlin Long '13
Thank you to our SB Alumni who judged Talent Night 2016
|Jen Goldberg '07||Mike Abate '10||Naa Aku '09|
|Carly Stine '11||Renate Dubois '08||Thanh Nguyen '09|
SB Alumni who joined us as exhibitors and volunteers at the 16th Annual Career Job Expo.
If you would like to participate in April 2017 please contact the Alumni Office.
Picture on Left: L to R standing: Kaitlyn Armstrong '05, Elizabeth Perrin LeClair '81, Carol Wheel Gaboriault '02, Holly Rees Baker '93, Brett Leonard '84, Jessica Sauer '14, Pakriti Timsina '14. Kneeling L to R: Carly Stine '11, Cassandra Ellison '11, Sara Mitchell '97 Not pictured: Maureen LaBounty Rees '67
Picture on Right: Jean Noel Muderhwa '11 at the PBS booth with his cousin, Merlette, from the Class of 2016.
If you would like to join us next year as an exhibitor for your chosen career or to volunteer please contact the Alumni Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (802) 652-7548. Help our current students make connections as they explore various career paths.
Alumni in White/Pink Jerseys
L to R Back Row: Eric Craig '13, Peter Camardo '15, Connor Bradley '15, Max McDowell '15, Andrew Tranmer '09, Jason Foley '08, Brandon Gay '15, Alex Bartlett '10, Alex Piper '11, Gabe Simpatico '14, Brian Bernadet '85, Bernie Thibeault '13, Nathaniel Young '12, Keith Flaherty '83, Coach Jones, Sam Finkelstein,
L to R Front Row: Ryan Leonard '15, Tyler Vock '09, Liam Nerber '15, Matt Baechle '14, Matt Fisher '13,
David Streeter '14, Adam Weinheimer '14, Kyle McDonald '15.
Michael Flaherty '17- Keith Flaherty '83
Tyler Bernadet '19 - Brian Bernadet '89
Back Row L to R:
Corey Crowder '98, Coach Tom Piper, Chris Magistrale '02, Kevin Fisher '82, Mike Kennedy '85, Denroy Nedd '09, Nick Hoehl '93, Tad Hoehl '96, Coach Sam Handy '02, Mike Cioffi (Rice Grad, I know, I know), Ben Phelps '07, Jacob Smith '15
Front Row L to R: SB Varsity Head Coach Solomon Bayer-Pacht '08, Zach Piper '14, Sam Phelps '09, Mark Mallory '10, Coach Eddie Hockenbury Jr., '15, Coach Jon Handy '06, Eric Mui '06.
SB Girls Varsity Hockey team vs. SB Alumni at Cairns Arena 12/24/15
Courtney Barrett '14
Nicolette Cooper '15
Sarah Fisher '15
Kate Fitzgerald '12
Whitney Gervais '12
Megan Henry '12
Julia Hudson '13
Lizzy Saward '12
SBHS 50th Reunions
Pictures L to R:
Paul King, James T. Hart, Linda Barrick Lehman,
Robert Willis, Carol Ward Pilgrim, Beverly Ploof Darling,
Patricia Pugh Soutiere, John Collins, Jeannette Muir Leo,
Liz Macdonald Durovich, Donalee Pecor Lamson,
Joan Kelly Nisbet, Duane Merrill, Nancy Bossi Plouffe,Priscilla Steele Merryfield, Judith Bolton Kennaugh.
Class of 1963 in 2013
Front Row, L to R: Jeanne Church Witteman; Jeanie Benoit; Judy Ingham Cota; Joanne Daum Wells
Second Row, L to R:Ed Ambrose; Ruth Swett Kendrick; Joyce Ingham Racine; Diane Glidden; Joan Pelkey Donaldson; Bruce Donaldson; Jon Theede
Third Row, L to R: Ethan "Skip" Allen; Les "Champ" Ravlin; Wayne Greenleaf; Ted Lyman
Class of 1964 in 2014
Back Row (L to R): Walter Nardelli, Gary Thompson, Dick Trudell, David Seres, David Ross, Gary Morse, Paul Lussier, John Benoit, Jim Yendreski
2nd Row from the back (L to R):
Art Rye, Jeff Dunkle, Mike Leonard, Ed Wodehouse, Theresa Olio, Judith Shepard, Bonnie Bassett, Donald Ingham, Jon Kruger, Lew Rafsky, Bill Prior, Melanie Hook
Seated (L to R):
Paula Gardner, Cheryl Place, Janet Fuller, Sue Partch, Phyllis Marcell, Terrie Frans, Annette Cota, Maxine Hutchins, Judy Willey
Kneeling (L to R): Debbie Wolf, Sarah Dopp, Cheryl Dalton, Wes Daum
Class of 1965 in 2015
L to R:
Bob Sinclair, Terry Prouty Olson,
Terry Oosterman, Marcia Urie,
Susan Daum Nichols, Anne Spalding Williams, Bret Powell, Cheryl Benoit Victory,
Donna Barrows Mergel, Brenda Cohen,
Donna Simons Burritt, George Cruze,
Bill Spalding, Dan Pillsbury.
*SB Alumni Larry Jackson '75 has graciously made a DVD of the 1974 SB vs Fair Haven Division II Football State Championship game from November 9,1974. If any SB Alumni would like a copy of this DVD please contact the SB Alumni Office and we will have one made for you.
Other SB Facebook pages you may be interested in:
- SB Rebel Football Alumni - administered by an Alumni not the School District
- Comolli Center for Technology and Arts (a.k.a. The Imaging Lab)
All proceeds raised by the Rebel Boosters goes towards our Athletic Teams!
SB Rebel Sportswear is available throughout the school year.
Click here to see what is available.
Contact Lynn Kynoch at 802-652-7578 for more information
Attend the Annual Rebel Booster Calcutta!
The Calcutta is held in April - More info will be posted as we get closer to the event.
Support SB Athletics and Advertise your Business - You too can advertise your business with a banner located at our new athletic facility during fall and spring sports and inside our gymnasium for winter sports.
Support our advertisers....
- After Midnight Jewelers
- Associates in Orthodontics
- Beltrami & Co. Photography
- Chroma Optics
- Healthy Living
- JMM & Associates - Certified Public Accountants
- Leonardo's Pizza
- NorthCountry Federal Credit Union
- Orchard Veterinary Hospital
- Poole Images
- The Bagel Place
- University Mall
|Support SB Students!|
Fields & Dreams: A
Thanks to our generous donors, we have raised over $1.2 million to renovate our outdoor athletic facilities. In the last five years we have put in an artificial turf field, stadium bleachers, a press box, lights, a new PA system,scoreboard and a concession stand/ticket booth pavilion.
Future plans include building permanent bathrooms and team rooms. If you would like to be a part of this community initiative, please click on the donate button below.
|Support SB Students!|
|Support SB Students!|
SBHS Scholarship Fund
For a list of SBHS Scholarships please click here.